Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Something that annoyed me most

I was just thinking about my first date with my fiance.

One thing that pops into my head every now and again that makes me smile is a conversation we had while walking on the beach.

Background Information: My finace is also a widowers for those of you who didn't know.

We were walking on the beach talking about our lives since our spouses died and then things we remembered fondly about them. It was such a great conversation.

Than I asked Brian, "What is something that just annoyed the crap out of you about her?" Both of us started laughing histerically. He then told me about how she use to wait until he sat down to ask him to get up and get things for her. He said it use to make him so mad.

Then of course the question was back in my court. My husband use to take his socks off at the end of every day while sitting on the couch. Somehow or another the socks ended up pushed under the couch. After a few days of doing this he eventually would ask me where all of his socks were. After a while I knew to look under the couch, but it drived me up the wall.

I laugh about it now about how mad at him I use to get. It is funny how when someone dies you tend to just talk about the things that you loved about them or the great things they did, but we never talk about their flaws. I guess it is just considered bad taste to talk about the dead that way, but it makes me laugh.

There are so many things I loved about my husband, but nothing makes me laugh more than the things that he use to do that bugged me. I even miss those things sometimes :)

4 comments:

  1. How True Brooke! Divorce is so similar. When my ex and I got divorced, it all happened so suddenly, it felt like he had just died. We went from being close to him disappearing out of my life practically overnight.

    It's funny though looking back, I only remembered all the good things I loved, and none of the reasons we disagreed. I had to try and force myself to remember the flaws as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boyfriend died suddenly last November, and it's like that for me too. I remember our fights--with fondness! They've somehow morphed into happy memories. I wish he were still here to fight with, over nothings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband, Danny, used to pull his socks off whenever and wherever we ended up making love.
    He would shove the socks in the weirdest places, and I'd get so mad because I never expected finding them. One time my father-in-law found one under our front porch!
    Danny would laugh and tell me they were proof we still "had it" and that that they were
    love tokens that should be treasured!
    Months after he died, I found a sock in a never used lower kitchen drawer! I have that sock to this day in a little window box by my vanity! I love you Danny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of the things that drove me batty about him are the little things that I miss the most. And even if we didn't see eye to eye on lots of stuff. I know he had my back on most work stuff.

    ReplyDelete