Sunday, April 11, 2010

September 9, 2008 - Get out there!

Okay so I want to know...what does get out there really mean? Because the last time I was out there I was a senior in high school...that is when I met my husband. Back then I met people in class and well Im not a teenager in school anymore. Does it mean go out to a bar and wait for someone to maybe come and talk to you and then do the whole exchanging of the numbers and waiting...Sorry but it never was for me. I always did the become friends hang out and then date thing. I can't stand games and that is all it seems like to me these days. Sounds nausiating.

Besides I have baggage. I have a husband that passed away that will always be the love of my life and will always be a part of me and my son. I don't know of many men who can hande that. I still miss my husband and from what my friend stephanie has told me, i always will. So is there such a thing as a guy who is totally okay with the fact that I am in love with another man and always will be? I have a hard time thinking there is.

I need honesty. No games. I need someone to talk to. I am not ready for the whole dating thing...but is there anything wrong with wanting to go out with someone of the opposite sex that is attractive and have a decent conversation with them? I want to feel free to talk about my husband and my son without having to worry about hurting anyones feelings. I don't have the time nor the energy to go out all the time but I do miss a companion sometimes.

Funny how you can love and miss someone so much but feel the need sometimes to move on...and as my friends would say, get out there. But am I ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment