Sunday, April 11, 2010

November 5, 2008 - Wedding Anniversary

So, it is officially what was suppose to be our 3rd anniversary. We had planned a ski trip for this week in Canada and we were going to start trying for our second child. Instead, I am here in Melbourne not able to sleep and wondering what the future has in store for me.

Call me selfish but...a friend of mine called me a little bit ago upset about the results of the election saying the country is deprived of any morals and that they are stupid. Me, I couldn't stop to wonder wow, it must be nice to be so concerned so much about who is our next president. Yes I voted and yes I cared about who won, but at the end of the day who is president doesnt change where I am and who I am. I don't think the country is stupid and I dont think they are deprived of morals. All I can really think of is I was robbed of my happily ever after. Yes I am sure who is president will affect me in some way financially...but will it affect me emotionally, will that president help me get through what is going on inside of me...can they fix my broken heart...can they bring back my husband...my sons father. NO. I wish I could be so upset and emotionally torn apart about who the President is. Things happen for a reason, atleast that is what everyone has been telling me this past year, so maybe Obama being president happened for a reason. Maybe if people believed what they preached to me for the past year then they wouldnt be so upset about politics.

I am not trying to say that politics isn't important, it affects a lot of people...but when it comes down to it, can it affect our souls, our hearts? Can it change who we are as people? No, and if it can, then you weren't who you really are in the first place.

What sucks even more...this friend, down played my anniversary and said it was just another day. What an ass. Where was my friend's morals at that moment, a wedding anniversary is a very significant day, it is a day that a man and woman committed their life to eachother, a commitment we held dear to our hearts. Well you know what, Obama is just another President and we will have many many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment