Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Saying Goodbye

I have to say, these past few years that I have journeyed through have been vital to who I am today. I was broken, torn to shreds, and was ripped of any hope of what I thought my life would be like. I had countless days of not wanting to go on, and luckily countless people in my life who not only helped me but made me. I started this blog as a way to not only mend my heart and document how I got to here from where I was, but to reach out to others who may have experienced even just a miniscule piece of what I have been through. I have touched lives and lives have touched me. It is because of all of this that I am able to say goodbye to a chapter in my life that is no longer. I no longer feel like a widow. Yes, I have lost my first love, husband, father to my son, and best friend tragically too soon. But I have also gained so much since then. I am now remarried to a wonderful man who not only loves me but my son as well, and have also had a precious baby girl with my husband who has reminded me just how wonderful this life can be. I feel, that in order for me to move on completely I need to leave my widow life behind me. I find it too hard at times to talk about what I have been through, and it pains me that others have and are experiencing that pain as well. I have spent many days in prayer about this and I know for me this is the best thing to do. If this blog has helped even just one person get through their journey then I know that I have accomplished what I had been trying to do for all those years. I would like to send out my love to all of those who have supported me through all of these years as well as those who have lost a spouse and are trying to make sense of this journey. God bless you all.

7 comments:

  1. Love you Brookie-Baby ;)
    ~your Michigan cousin, Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have never been defined as "widow" - just a woman who tragically lost her husband. You are a strong, courageous person who has worked through a very difficult chapter in her life - who chose to learn from it instead of letting it consume her. i hope to follow in your footsteps one day and be able to survive our loss a better person. Be proud of your journey and enjoy the life you have built. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please pray for this recent young widow.

    mattandjuleeturner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is opening up old wounds I don't want you to have to talk about something if you don't want to, but if you could lead me to the right place on your page.
    I am a young widow as well, I don't know if I will ever find love again. Can you please tell me how or when you met your husband?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This gives widows like myself hope :) I'm not sure how long it took you to get over the loss, but I am at 9 months and feel as if it is becoming more real and getting worse for me. Here is my blog if you're interested in reading. Thank you for this, though. It really gives me hope. http://mrsbforever.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad my Wife's Mother found out about this site! I lost my Wife, Mother of our 3 kids, & Best Friend 2 years ago & have struggled to get through those years. It does get better; it does come in smaller & more spread out intervals, but it still feels like a pain that you live with constantly. I am so glad to see I'm not alone & it's comforting to know that someone else out there understands what it feels like to lose your other half way too soon; to have your lifelong plans shattered in an instant; to try to carry on & raise your kids the best that you can without that other person.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your story to shine a light to others still in the dark. I am joyful for you that you are continuing on your healing journey. Love & light to you! Nik Tebbe www.niktebbe.com

    ReplyDelete